Search

Egypt Tour packages

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt Tour packages

I'm looking for a tour company for a trip to Egypt for Sept/Oct. 2005. My husband and I are interested in going. We are both in our late 20s and would like to find a tour company that doesn't have ancient people on it. Also, We would like to go for about 10 days and then do Jordan for a couple of days. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:47 AM

Check this site : www.touregypt.net
You can request the rate here, follow their link. There'll be a form for you to input your trip information and then you'll get many responses from many tour agents.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM

We did Egypt with Globus 3 years ago - group was about 30 people and youngest person was about 12 and oldest under 65 - majority were 35-45. We spoke with guide about demographics of tours she had lead. Based on her answers and my guesses - I think older, INACTIVE people are less likely to go someplace like Egypt because there is a fair amount of walking involved. People I work with in your age group discuss wanting to go to Europe and places in US more than Egypt.

Have a good trip.

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:03 AM
sandi

It's not so much about the ages of those traveling, but when you are traveling. Meaning that many travelers your age who have children can often only travel when school's out. That's not to say those of your age are all married and/or have children, but something to consider. And while a trip to Egypt and Jordan isn't/doesn't have to be expensive, the people who have the money and time are often those who are older.

We traveled to Egypt & Jordan end-October and did our days in Jordan and Cairo independently, and only when on the cruise did we have people of various ages, ranging from the 30s to late 60s, and all were agile enough and active to cover all sites.

That said you can arrange for an independent trip for just the two of you, spending time in Cairo on your own, only joining a group during your Nile Cruise. Even on the cruise, there are separate guides for small groups of individuals who speak different languages. As far as Jordan, you can do that completely independently.

For Jordan, we arranged our few days thru Royal Jordanian Airlines that has a tour department you can contact. Or search this board of the web for tour operators who specifically handle Jordan.

For Egypt, a search on this board, using the search term "Egypt" will bring up many threads in the left column. Many of these threads have names of tour operators you can contact and instead of arranging a group tour, indicate to them you want to travel independently. These companies will price your itinerary accordingly. Try some of the sites below:

www.egyptontheweb.com/Main.htm
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net/
www.xoticdestinations.com/ (Egypt & Morocco)
www.egyptbot.com/ (Egypt web directory)
www.misr.com

and you'll find others on the threads that come up in your search on Fodors.

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM

We went to Egypt last Sept/Oct and had a wonderful time. We had both young and old and in-between. It was one of the best trips we had. Our tour group was one of the best we have ever had. There were only 16 of us, and we were so compatible, you would think we knew each other all our lives, when we just met on the trip. We went with the Egyptian Connection. You can check their web on www.Egyptontheweb.com We dealt with Mounir Hanna and he was most gracious and was very patient with all our questions, etc. If you need any other info, you can email me at [email protected].