Search

Predators Safari Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Predators Safari Club

Hi! I'm in the process of researching and planning our first trip to Tanzania this November. I really like Predators Safari Club. The person I've been working with has been very responsive to e-mails, their prices are great, and they've promised me a Landrover instead of a Minivan. Has anyone had any experience working with them?

Another local operator I'm considering is Victoria Expeditions, but again I can't seem to find any reviews on them.

I've just sent an e-mail to Roys Safaris since they are so highly recommended on this site, but is there any danger in going with Predators or Victoria Expeditions?

Thanks!
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 03:08 AM

Hi Girlstar

You will absolutely fall in love with Tanzania! I guarantee it!

Initially, the 2 most important things are your itinerary and your comfort level with the outfitter(s) you're dealing with.

So my first reaction is, yes! Go with Predators if you like dealing with them! They are an established outfitter.

But there are 50 or so local outfitters offering the same kind of services as Predators. Differentiation is almost impossible as the variables are plenty. Checking references are only partially reliable unless you get the exact same vehicle and driver/guide!

You may want to post your itinerary here. Many will offer advice! Then send it out to a handful of outfitters (you have 2 already) and go with the one who you feel works best for/with you - quick email responses, willingness to modify the itinerary, offering advice, providing references, and with the easiest methods of payment!

Ultimately, the success of your private safari is a combination of a workable itinerary, a bit of luck, a good attitude and most importantly - the skills/personality of your driver/guide!

Good luck with your planning!
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, ClimbHigh! FYI, I just received a quote back from Roy Safaris, and they came back at $500 higher than Predators for the exact same itinerary!
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:08 AM

Hi,

I have booked a safari with Predators Safari Club for the last two weeks of this month.
I have probably dealt with the same lady in Arusha that you have emailed.
They have the best prices I believe.
I have not heard anything less than good about Predators. They have a great web sight.

J747
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Yes, Nabeela is great. Very quick responses to my e-mails, and their website has a wealth of information. Have fun on your trip later this month. Can you post again when you return? I'd love to hear all about your trip and whether you liked your guide (so maybe I can request a specific guide from Predators)!
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 10:28 AM

Here are a few past threads with comments about Predators -

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34581453

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34578868

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34512619