Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > I booked with a tour group...do I need to call the ground operator to confirm?

I booked with a tour group...do I need to call the ground operator to confirm?

Jan 20th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

I booked with a tour group...do I need to call the ground operator to confirm?

We are leaving for our tour to Kruger/Capetown in March. We booked through Lion World Tours. After, scanning prior posts I noticed that quite a few posters had problems with the US/Canada operator not fully booking/paying for trips with the ground tour group in Africa. (I think the co. mentioned was 2Africa.com) We have gotten our air tickets, travel vouchers, etc. Should I still contact Lion World and see who the ground operator is and then call them directly? Does anyone have any idea what operator this tour co. uses?
Jan 20th, 2006, 04:08 AM

Lion World is a very reputable company who I have had many dealings with. I think they use Thompsons whose head office is in Durban
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:07 PM

We used go2africa, but they work with Lion World Tours to issue airline tickets. We ended up having to make a last minute change to our tickets which required overnighting the tickets and having them overnight them back. Keep in mind that they were not our travel agent so I wondered how invested they would be in helping us. I could not have been more pleased. Mary Ellen was very patient and helpful. I think you have nothing to worry about.

Search this Thread