Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

I am going to be broadcasting on the radio from Capetown while on my vacation there this Sunday June 1st! Business Talk Radio

I am going to be broadcasting on the radio from Capetown while on my vacation there this Sunday June 1st! Business Talk Radio

May 29th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Hi all!

As many of you know I am off to Africa TODAY!

Also many of you know that I am a cookbook author, chef and nutritionist. I do alot of media and yesterday I found out that I am going to broadcast on radio while I am on vacation!

Last week I was on Chef Pierre Wolfe's Show: Dining and Travel Guide with Pierre Wolfe on Business Talk Radio, syndicated in 60 US markets. We discussed my books and food writing and had a ball. Pierre is going to have me come on as a regular.

In any event, when my publicist told him I was going to Africa, he jumped at the chance to have me be on the show from Africa!

So this Sunday ( his show is each Sunday from 3-5pmEST), I will be on at 4:20pmEST broadcasting from the Azure Restaurant in the 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa.

I will be interviewed first, giving my impressions of South africa cuisine and wines and in general how my trip is going and then the chef and sommelier will come on to discuss their passions.

The restaurant is SO excited about this and I am glad to have them participate! They are awardwinning and so I am proud to share the airwaves with them!

So if you reside here in the US go to wwww.pierrewolfe.com to find the Business Talk Radio station closest to you.

I was not intending to do any business while on vacation, but this is going to a be a delightful job!!
May 29th, 2008, 06:45 AM

Got your email today too - will be listening! And we're starting to plan 2 months in Africa next winter of which 4 weeks will be in and around Capetown so looking forward to restaurant/market tips!
May 29th, 2008, 06:50 AM

Cool!

Looks like we may be able to listen to a podcast of the show if anyone misses it live:

http://businesstalkradio.net/weekend...hives/pw.shtml
May 29th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Fabulous! Can't wait to hear it! Will definitely check out the podcast.

Have a wonderful trip, and be careful not to get sidetracked by too much work!
May 29th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Is the trip tax-deductible now?! Have a great time.
May 29th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Tee-hee, you are funny Marija!!!

Good thought!!!

May 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

The show is short everyone, just so you know. I will have about 5 min and so will the chefs.

But 5 minutes in the media can be a lifetime!!!

Wish it was longer, but we'll have fun nonetheless!
May 29th, 2008, 08:57 AM

Hope you have great fun and your five minutes turn out to be a brilliant success.

When I was in Cape Town a few days back I learnt a few good things about good "Cape" food and wine (you see Selwyn, our guide is a foodie jus like me).Try some Zorina's samoosa's with a Beyerkloof Pinotage! mmmmmhaha!

May 29th, 2008, 10:06 AM

in case you have got the chance get and try thokozani's shiraz blend! absolutely stunning! it's not widely presented in restaurants but available at selected liquor stores!
the 2006 enjoyed with dark chocolate: DIVINE!
the winery is a black-empowerment-establishment and part of diemerfontein.
happy travels!
May 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Very cool! Good luck with your interview and have a great trip!