How was your Tanzania safari, January 2005?

Jul 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

How was your Tanzania safari, January 2005?

Dear Nelson (your posting ahead of your planned trip in Jan. of this year to Tanzania, etc?

We are contemplating joining a very small group (6 up to max of 12) of travelers on a privately-conducted safari for 14 days exclusively in Tanzaniam during mid to later January '06. The lodgings are stays in private tented camps in Serengeti and in Tarangire parks; overnight at the Arusha Hotel upon arrival; and at the Sopa Safari Lodge at the Ngorongoro crater rim; and the Momella Game Lodge in Arusha Park.

So, here are my questions since you traveled at the same time of year:
the climate; bugs?; rain/sun/humidity?; other tourists in these areas? (this itinerary consists of prebreakfast drives, leaving camps as early as 5:30 a.m.; a lunch/rest break and returns to sites mid to later afternoon, staying until the 7pm 'closedown' times, as I understand it).

Having never been on a safari, does this amount of time (several days/nights at each of the camps and the Sopa lodge) sound like a treat/real opportunity; or like a lot in one region/country. I'd dare say this would probably be "it" for our safari travels, but then, who knows??!!

Any feedback you can offer would be great; I did not see a posting from you (Nelson) after your trip, unless I missed it.

Thanks, or a reply from anyone else on this is welcome, for sure~~

Search this Thread