Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   How many of us Africa Fodorites are based in London? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/how-many-of-us-africa-fodorites-are-based-in-london-396820/)

Kavey Feb 9th, 2004 04:06 AM

How many of us Africa Fodorites are based in London?

I'd love to arrange a gathering over a meal to talk about Africa travels and just generally to chat. I'm thinking of one weekday evening in Central London.

But how many would be interested/ able to come?

alicoll Feb 9th, 2004 10:09 PM

Hi Kavey I live in London. I have only written when I can reply to a question but have been reading here for a couple of years and found all the posts very helpful.
I have had 2 trips to SA the last 2 years and am going to Botswana this july to little mombo, duma tau and duba plains.
I would be quite happy to meet up one evening.I am away for 10 days from the end of the week and probably won't have internet much. access

Kavey Feb 10th, 2004 04:48 AM

Hi Ali!

Drop me an email at the address above when you're back and we can arrange something! I'd love to meet and talk Africa to a fellow Africaphile!

One of the Lisas (a South African living in London, who also posts here on occasion) and I have also talked about meeting for dinner when she's less busy with work commitments... she's studying hard and working hard at the moment.

So just give me a ping.

Infact tonight I'm meeting a poster from the Lonely Planet ThornTree Africa forum who lives in London too - we're going to my favourite tapas restaurant in Camden...

:D

alicoll Feb 12th, 2004 12:49 AM

Hi Kavey
looking forward to meeting up, will email on my return.

Kavey Feb 12th, 2004 02:21 AM

Look forward to it.
:D

Kavey Feb 13th, 2004 03:32 AM

Alison

I'm meeting Lisa on Friday 5th March in Central London (we haven't yet confirmed where).

We'd love for you to join us.

And it would be great if any other local Africaphiles could come too.
Thit_Cho, Well Travelled Brit? Anyone else?

Kavey Feb 13th, 2004 03:33 AM

Oops... Fodors uses < and > instead of the usual [ and ] doesn't it?

*blush*

welltraveledbrit Feb 13th, 2004 12:22 PM

Kavey,
I'd love to come but despite my brit credentials I live in San Francsico and that weekend I'll be in New York for my birthday!

I will however be in England later in the month.

Your trip sounds fabulous I'm very jealous, despite spending alot of time in Africa over the years I've being travelling elsewhere recently. Too many places to go too little time!

Kavey Feb 13th, 2004 12:26 PM

Well Travelled,
You know, I think I <i>did</i> know that you were no longer UK based but I'd forgotten.
If you're here for long enough that I wouldn't be imposing on your schedule, I'd love to meet up when you're here.
Drop me an email if you're interested.
I know what you mean about too many places, too little time.
This is the first time we've ever planned anything longer than a 2 week trip and even 2 weekers aren't common.
I did some long trips as a student, Pete never did.
I have high hopes for the long trip.
And now I have that short Mara trip beforehand!