Reload this Page >

How long to stay in Vic. Falls?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 11:46 AM
Penny

I will be travelling in Africa this summer and will have a little over 2 weeks to spread between Victoria Falls and the Indian Ocean coastal areas. What would be a realistic amount of time to spend in Vic. Falls, 3 days or 6 days? I will have already been on 2 photo safaris before going there is that makes a difference. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 07:14 AM
susan

Victoria Falls is great, but I think 3 days is enough. It is mostly a center for adventure activities like bungee jumping - - not so much for safaris and other nature activities. You will probably want to spend a full day rafting on the Zambezi. And you will need a good block of time to see the Falls, particularly if you want to see them from the Zambian side. But I don't think you need to do much more than that. Have a great time!

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 12:18 PM
Nigel

I would advise just two nights to see the Falls etc. unless you also wish to participate in the numerous activities available such as white water rafting, elephant back safaris etc etc, in which case the length of time you stay at Vic Falls should match the activities you wish to do. <BR>I wouls also advise staying on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls during the current Zimbabwean crisis. Zambia also offers better views of the Falls, and is much lest 'touristic' than the Zimbabwean side. Chundukwa Tree Lodge is a greta place to stay. <BR>I have just returned form a familiarisation trip of the Mozambican coast, and can recommend some stunning places, including the beautiful island of Benguerra, part of the Bazaruto Archipelago. <BR>If you want further info email me at [email protected] or check out our WebSite at ; http://www.island-safari.com <BR> <BR>Nigel

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 05:44 AM
lorena aguilar

I will stay for two days at most, the view is grest, and I will recommend a tour on the Zambesi River, but please do no that you will be paddling (if you take a canoo trip) for around 10 Km. down river. Do carry a lot of sunprotector and appropiate cloth, my husband got pretty sick due to the sun.

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 02:04 PM
Charlise Cloete,JHB

Hi Penny! Three days is definitely sufficient for Vic Falls. The Falls are fantastic, but Zimbabwe and South Africa offer so much more! Don't miss Lake Kariba and the Zim Ruins. Considering the current situation in Zimbabwe I'd suggest a fly-in visit to Vic Falls only which should be safe, but please don't drive around at this stage! South Africa's Cape Town and Kruger Park is also a must for anyone in love with nature! If you need any more info on SA please contact me!