dehydration?

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 09:24 AM
eric

dehydration?

i have heard that lemonade will help with mummy's tummy as well as with dehydration. do they sell gatorade powder in any stores in egypt? i was thinking this would be good to mix with bottled water in a canteen? any ideas? should i bring some from home ?

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 12:35 PM
noeleen

Anything you think you will need it is best to bring it with you. I just returned on monday after a weeks cruise on the nile and we had no problems with mummy tummy. We just drank bottled water, no additives. What I did find indispensible was a small cooler bag which kept my water nice and cool as drinking warm water does not quench the thirst so good.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Charlie

An excellent lemonade mix is Crystal Lite.It is a concentrate and comes packaged in little plastic containers that each hold about a table spoon and make about 2 quarts of juice.I find these to be excellent for travel,as they take up hardly any space and a little goes a long way.An added benifit is NO CALORIES!! HAVE A GREAT TRIP....

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 11:33 PM
Myriam

The best you can drink is lime juice. They prepare it in every country where the mummy's tummy risk is high. It is also very refreshing.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 05:31 AM
gail

I keep hearing about lemonade or limeade for travelers diarrhea. Think about it - if it is made with local water, do you expect that citrus juice has some magic curative powers? If you want to be safe, stick to bottled water. If you like lemonade, add some powdered drink mix to the bottle.