how hot is it?

Dec 25th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

how hot is it?

I am getting a bit confused as to when is the best time for a safari in Botswana both for game viewing and temperature. We want to see game, but neither of us are good in weather over 90 degrees on up. Since it is now summer there is it safe to say that end of March might be a good time, since it could be fall like weather? Please advise.
Dec 25th, 2005, 01:56 PM

One thing to be aware of is the humidity difference. 90 is hot there but not nearly as hot as you are used to here be ausae the humidity is very low and you don't get sticky.

We went to Botswana in Aug - Sept 5 years ago and the weather was perfect -- mornings around 50 and afternoons in the 80's. March is part of the rainy season. Do you want to go then? I would look to June or July rather than March because of the bugs and the rain. It will be cool in the am so you will need to layer.
Dec 25th, 2005, 02:22 PM

I agree that August is a great time in Botswana for game and temps. Highs midday can get to upper 80s but it is cool in the mornings and late afternoons. Can get to 40s at night. July is lovely too. Those are the months I've been.

March is rainier compared to no rain in July and August. But June-Aug prices are usually higher than March too.

Search this Thread