How far to the river crossings?

Oct 12th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Original Poster

How far to the river crossings?

Very excited - we're off to Tanzania tomorrow evening. Just one last thing I've been wondering. We're staying 4 nights at the Serengeti Serena and I was wondering if there is any possibility of driving to the north Serengeti and back in a day on the chance of seeing a river crossing. I have no idea of distances so don't know whether or not this is possible.
Oct 12th, 2004, 03:58 AM

I've been wondering when you were off. Have a wonderful trip. I sooooo envy you on the Serengeti. Wonderful location. The views are great! Don't know distances but I'll be awaiting the beautiful pictures and trip report. Liz
Oct 12th, 2004, 04:56 AM
sandi

RuthieC - boy does time go fast. It seemed like only yesterday that you were planning this second trip in one year.

You can probably arrange a full day with your guide/driver to head north; some of the herds might already be returning south to the Serengeti, then maybe not. But head up that way and see what you see - you might luck out.

Have a wonderful trip, enjoy, enjoy and do tell us all when you return. Safe travels.

Oct 12th, 2004, 11:16 AM

We did it, although to a slightly different area b/c it was July. Long day (I actually fell asleep on the way back!), but well worth it. Landscape was different, too. With four nights you certainly have time to explore. Have a wonderful time.

Search this Thread