How do I get from JOHANNESSBURG TO PRETORIA

Jan 8th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Vic

How do I get from JOHANNESSBURG TO PRETORIA

Hi,

I will be flying into Johannesburg Airport on an Internation flight. I then need to transfer to PRETORIA RAILWAY STATION (Rovas Rail)

What are the SAFE methods of transport including luggage and approximate costs.

Thanks
Vic

Jan 8th, 2003, 12:59 AM
traci

Hi Vic

If you are with such a respected and organised outfit as Rovos Rail I suggest that you ask them to organise a transfer from the airport to the station. This will be your safest and most stress free option as someone will meet you right outside passport control and customs. You are looking at about a 30 minute trip costing R200 to R300. There is no organised public transport from the airport, and a taxi/cab ride will cost you a lot more. There are a number of transfer companies located on the lower concourse of the new parking building. They offer transfers to most hotels, but I have not noticed any of them offering connections to the Pretoria Station. These transfers will probably be cheaper but you run a risk regarding times.

Jan 8th, 2003, 09:35 PM
local

I have used the bus (kombi) that runs from JHB Int to Pretoria on a few occassions in the past and experienced no problem. As Traci said, they are in the lower concourse of the new parking building (any information desk would be able to show you there). I think the cost was about R45.

They do stop at the main hotels and their final stop is at the Sammy Marks Square in central Pretoria.

I actually spoke to Rovos Rail here and they emphasised that they do not depart from Pretoria station but from Capital Park station which is about 5 plus km out of the city. They do not collect people from the airport but if somebody is really lost they will send Executive Shuttle to pick them up at about R160 per person. These arrangements can be made with Rovos Rail.

Enjoy your trip!!

Search this Thread