How bad is heat in Morocco (Aug-Sept)

Jul 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

How bad is heat in Morocco (Aug-Sept)

I've already checked weather and know it will be HOT in Aug/Sept. Please let me know how bad it is.

I've traveled to very hot places in this type of heat (100-110), and found some places more bearable than others.

In Singapore's 105 degree weather, it wasn't too bad with the planted trees everywhere and air-conditioned malls u can step into for a break. However, in New Delhi's 105 heat mixed w/polluted air, it was harder, so we did our touring in early morning, rested from 12-4, then went out when it was cooler in the evening.

How bad is the heat in Marakesh/Fez in the summer?
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:46 AM

There's a heatwave in Morocco right now.

Other than the certainty that it will be hot, there's no predicting HOW hot.
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:57 AM

Hello,
We were in Marrakech last August for a few days. Afternoon temps got up to around 47 C (116 F) which is pretty hot, but somehow it was still bearable, probably because we were staying in an air-conditioned riad with a small pool. Also, it was a dry heat, which helped matters.

We explored the city in the morning and late afternoon/early evening and kept the hottest hours for siesta and reading.
Carried a small fan (folding Spanish fan, not electric) with me everywhere and was extremely glad of it.

Overall, we found the heat in Casablanca much harder to bear (lower temps but higher humidity, at least that's how it felt)

Search this Thread