Hotels,sabbath and weather in Jerusalem

Nov 12th, 1997, 09:00 AM
Vigdis M. Bendiktsen

Hotels,sabbath and weather in Jerusalem

My husband and I are planning to go to Jerusalem during the first half of December. We would like to stay in a nice hotel within walking distance of the the sites that's worth to visit. And we want a hotel with a BALCONY and preferably a nice view, and since it's low season it should not cost more than 150$. Another thing, are weekends a bad time to go? (with regard to Sabbath and things being closed etc.) How's weather at this time of the year? Thanks!

Nov 13th, 1997, 01:54 AM
Eli

Vigdis, you can obtain a wealth of information on Jerusalem at http://www.virtual.co.il . Besides a virtual tour and much more, go to the travel section and check for Jerusalem hotels. Two places worth mentioning are the American Colony and Dan Pearl. The former is not located centrally but in the eastern (arab) part of town. The point is, it is a landmark on its own merit, full with history & atmosphere. The latter is a newly built hotel overlooking the (illuminated by night) walled old city. One couldn't ask for a better view... I checked with the Dan Pearl - until 21.12 it's $189 double B&B. After that it's $218 (don't forget it is christmas and also Hanuka). I suggest that you check other hotels too, and then let me know if you need any assistance. Another tip: ask your travel agent about hotel reservations. They usually get much better deals than individuals. You were right about the Sabath: most places in the western (Jewish) part will be closed. This includesl bus lines and restaurants. However in the eastern (Arab) part it will be business as usual.

Search this Thread