Hotels in South Africa

May 28th, 1998, 10:37 AM
Jara Hill

Hotels in South Africa

We are planning our honeymoon in South Africa in Oct 98. The hotels on our itinerary so far include: Cellars-Hohenort (Cape Town), Hunter's Country House (Plettenberg Bay), Arniston Hotel (Arniston), Old Post Office Manor (Mossel Bay), Victoria Hotel (Pretoria), Cybele Forest Lodge (near Sabie), Londolozi (Kruger), D'Ouve Werf (Stellenbosch) and Roggeland (Paarl). If anyone has been to any of these places, I'd love to hear your comments. Thanks.

May 31st, 1998, 12:20 AM
Carol

Hi Jara,
Your plans sound great,altough I don't know all the hotels you mentioned I have heard of most of them so they are well known so should be fine.
I do know the Hohenort and it is very good and in a very beautiful suburb of Cape Town,although it is about a 20 minute drive from there into the city,are you hiring a car? How long are you staying in Cape Town? Maybe you could split you time between the Hohenort and a Waterfront hotel.
The Arniston is wonderful.Londolozi is very well known and has a very good name as a great place to stay,but I haven't personally stayed there.

May 31st, 1998, 12:24 AM
Carol

OOPS!Sorry,I didn't quite end my message.
Just wanted to say Hope you have a wonderful time and if you want any more info. please feel free to ask.

Jun 1st, 1998, 03:19 AM
Peter

Hi Jara, You chose a good time of the year to visit SA. Here are my comments on the Hotels I have been to: Arniston, we loved the place, ideal for honeymooners, quiet seaside town. Cybele, very good, beautful, my favorite part of SA., Londolozi, big five territory, remember the malaria tablets! Dont hesitate to ask if you want further info, especially the Cybele/Sabie area. I know you'll enjoy your visit!

Search this Thread