Hotels in Mombasa

Aug 11th, 1997, 01:20 PM
Leigh Ann

Hotels in Mombasa

My husband and I will be spending three nights in Mombasa. I need some personal viewpoints of hotels in the area...have checked on severs, the Intercontinental and Serena Beach..Any suggestions? Also need suggestions of what to do, where to go, things to do in Mombasa. Thanks

Aug 11th, 1997, 04:15 PM
Julie Smith

Serena Beach HOtel is the nicest - and probably the most exspensive of the hotels along the coast line.
But very nice. For more moderate prices try Whitesands - its one of the bigger hotels but has decent rooms/facilities. Girima Hotel is cheaper, not quite as flash. All these hotels are along the Bamburi coast line (north) - right on the beach and not far from Mombasa town.

You should see Fort Jesus in Mombasa. They also have a dinner and theatre type thing happening at night during the week which is worth while. The old town is interesting - its right next door to the fort and you can make a day of it. Its where you'll see the old carved Lamu doors and Swahili architecture. Also Bamburi Nature Trail is worth a visit - its a reclaimed quarry turned into lovely park lands - a few orphaned anilmals, snake park and crocodile farm.

The Tamerind Restaurant is a must for dinner out one night. They have a dhow trip along the river at nigth time too.

Otherwise, relax, enjoy the Indian ocean and beautiful weather.

Regards Julie

Aug 12th, 1997, 01:30 PM
Delilah

We stayed at the Lagoon Reef Hotel on Diani Beach and it was PARADISE! You can see a picture taken from the balcony of our room there on our family's home page, and also some other pictures we took in Kenya. I envy you, it is a fabulous vacation and one I can hardly wait to repeat...
Delilah
[email protected]

http://web2.airmail.net/kurtray

Aug 20th, 1997, 03:43 AM
Chris Jones

You lucky people. My wife and I have been going to mombassa for about 6 years. We prefer Diani to the north side. We recommend the Jadini Beach Hotel it is part of small group of Hotels the flagship is Safari Beach however we find Jadini much more personal. Keep clear of the rooms near the swimming pool. Try a trip to Funzi Island an absolute paradise it also where Marie Claude magazine take their models for swim suit photos. For eating do try Ali Baba's.

Good Luck.
PS Just been in contact with Mombassa and things are back to normal again. Contact Godfrey Ikanda at Jadini he'll look after you.

Search this Thread