hotels in Marrakesh and Essaouira

Nov 24th, 2000, 12:14 PM
texasgirl

hotels in Marrakesh and Essaouira

Hello, y'all were most helpful earlier in helping me choose where to go in Morocco in January. We've settled on three days in Marrakesh, three days in Essaouira, and probably a three-day trek into the sahara. (decided it will just be too cold to hike into the high atlas, and i don't know how to use crampons anyway!)

So now, I need advice on hotels in Marrakesh. We would prefer the medina; don't need luxury but do need hot water! Something under US$50 for two. One whose name I remember is the Hotel Ali _ any reports?

Also, we've already booked dinner at le yacout; any other restaurants to recommend? We like really local places and very extravagant places and anything in between.

thanks...

Nov 24th, 2000, 02:59 PM
Susan

Texasgirl, I'll be really interested in hearing how your trip goes. I have started to get interested in Morocco, but wonder how it is in the winter. I hope you'll post a trip report when you get back.

Nov 27th, 2000, 09:40 AM
texasgirl

susan, i don't usually post trip reports per se, for a lot of reasons, but do post often on questions about places i've been or answer questions via email. i'll be back from morocco about jan. 15 and you can email me then for any info you'd like. I have always wanted to go to morocco and am a little worried about it in the winter too, but figure the benefits will be the same as they are in many places off-season _ smaller crowds, better deals and locals not overwhelmed by all us tourists! happy traveling....

Search this Thread