Hotels in Jerusalem

Jun 9th, 2000, 12:47 PM
Ben

Hotels in Jerusalem

Can anyone tell me of a decent hotel that is walking distance from both the old and new city of Jerusalem for under $100?

Jun 17th, 2000, 03:56 PM
Elisabeth

Ben:

I just returned from Jerusalem - wonderful place. While I stayed on the outskirts of the city, I discovered a wonderful view from the top of the Petra Hotel/Hostel. Its roof has one of the most magnificent views of the old city and it is right at the Jaffa Gate (convenient to old and new cities and right near a taxi stand). While I do not know the price, I am certain it is way under $100. It is not a fancy place, but it is a beautiful structure and is for the budget traveler. The ambiance was nice. Only drawbacks - I imagine it could get loud as religious groups tend to sing, etc as they enter the city through the gate. For contact info, I'd check out budget guides - Fodors, perhaps, but also Let's Go and the rough guide. Good luck and if you end up staying somewhere else, you can pay a fee and at least get access to the roof. E

Jun 18th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Caroline

Hi Ben,
I just returned from a wonderful trip to Israel (10 days, first five in Jerusalem & environs). We stayed at the St. George's CAthedral Pilgrim Guest House, a hop skip jump from the Old City: beautiful, charming, lovely garden, run by Bassam, who is a gem all by himself (say hi from me if you go). Phone (02)628 3302, email <[email protected]>. Very reasonable. One minute from the American Colony Hotel on Nablus Rd., which is lovely for lunch or dinner, but quite expensive. Good luck, and let me know if you need any other info.
Caroline

Search this Thread