hotels in Israel

Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
rsb
Original Poster

hotels in Israel

Has the Sheraton Tiberias been remodeled? We are a group of six, hopefully requiring two rooms. I am having trouble deciding between the Sheraton or Inbal in Jerusalem please advise. We will be in Israel 5/22-6/3. My som is having his Bar Mitzvah at the Kotel.
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM

Re Tiberias - didn't go in but drove by in December - looked pretty much the same (i.e., bleh) as when we stayed there a couple of years ago. In fact, most of the hotels in Tiberias looked pretty skanky. We ended up staying in the Scots Hotel and loved it - http://www.scotshotels.co.il/ - owned and operated by the Church of Scotland. They have a Jerusalem property too.

Note it's not a Kosher kitchen (but the best breakfast buffet we've ever had at an Israeli hotel, and that's saying a lot) but well managed and spotless, comfortable rooms. About as different from the Sheraton as one could get.

Mazel Tov on your son's Bar Mitzvah.
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:07 PM

I stayed there in December. It's in the process of being remodeled. I believe it was going to be closed for remodeling in January and February. I had a suite that was already remodeled that was quite nice. But other members of our group were not impressed with their rooms. I loved it. Mazel Tov on your son having his Bar Mitzvah at the Kotel. What a memorable experience!

Btw-the Sheraton had an EXCELLENT breakfast buffet with an Omelette Bar! Loved it!
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:03 PM

Hello,
We are planing a trip to Eilat and are looking at 2 hotels, club hotel and Golden Tulip can you recommend any of them? we travel with 4 kids (17,11,3 and 1) thanks
Feb 24th, 2006, 04:10 AM
rsb
Original Poster

Is there anyone who has stayed at the Inbal in Jerusalem?
Feb 25th, 2006, 02:15 AM
eri

Maybe you'll find some opinions on Tripadvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Jerusalem.html

Search this Thread