Hotels In Fayoum

Jan 16th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Hotels In Fayoum

Hi there,

Well my hubby and I are returning to our beloved Egypt on another holiday in April and are hoping to spend a couple of days visiting the Fayoum area. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at any hotels in the area that they could recommend? It doesn`t have to be a posh hotel, but I do have a back problem so a comfortable bed, and a room with it`s own toilet and shower are essential. If it has air conditioning too, all the better.

Any help here would be grately appreciated.

Kind regards,

Di

Gateway To Ancient Egypt
http://www.gatewaytoancientegypt.co.uk

Jan 16th, 2006, 06:11 AM

We stayed in the Auberge du Lac several years ago. I don't really feel compfortable "recommending" it. It was okay - not great. I think we were the only people there. THe food was acceptable as far as I remember. I think it took a couple of tries for us to get a room that was acceptable, but we finally got something. They have some little cabins that might be worth looking at.

What do you plan on doing there? Fayoum itself doesn't take that long to see, although a visit to the pottery school (?) would be interesting if possible. Otherwise, everything around there requires a 4-wheel drive - Dimeh (the roman ruins), the Crocodile temple, and whale valley.

Search this Thread