Hotels in Cairo

Aug 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Hotels in Cairo

I'm going back to Cairo in November & am trying to decide whether to return to the Marriot on Zamalek (the Al-Gizira, I think) or to try somewhere else. I've also stayed in the Nile Hilton, the Ramses Hilton, the Sheraton Heliopolis & Mena House. Are there other hotels besides M.H. & the Marriott in the area that have more of an Egyptian feel & less of an international Five Star Hotel feel?

Thanks.
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:09 AM

Well you have been to Cairo several times, and hence you kind of know the place.The Mena House Oberoi and the Marriott in Zamalek, are really the ones that due to their location, architecture, gardens etc... give you a more Egyptian feel. Cannot really thing of another 5 or 4 star one to meet your criteria. Nile Hilton, why not as good as it used to be is very frequented by Egyptians who would use its many outlets (restaurants, coffee shop, outdoor cafe) and its shopping arcade.

If you go for Nile views instead of the 'Egyptian' feel, then the Grand Hyatt and the adjacent Four Seasons would be your best bets.
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Actually, I was in Cairo only once for a little over a month as a traveler. Kept coming in & out of Cairo & ended up staying at the 5 hotels I listed. Now I'm torn between staying at the Marriott (I love that Terrace Restaurant)& adding new places to my Grand Tour of Cairo hotels. I'll look into these two places. Thanks.

Search this Thread