Search

visas for Egypt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Gail

visas for Egypt

Was it a pain to get visa when arriving in Egypt rather than use document service in US. I would like the security of having one before we travel, but the cost is many times that of the $15 upon arrival. Comments/suggestions?

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 06:15 AM
jodi

Why waste time and stand on line when you have invested so much time and money get to this exotic place? As, I recall my visa was $35. or $40. a pittance compared with what you are investing in this trip. You have it in your hot ilttle hand and can start your trip. My travel agent got it for me, and I was then ready to go when I got to Cairo with no potential hang ups. My point being...don't put yourself in a position of wasting time or having trouble because something is not working right this particular day for a very small percentage of your total outlay. Have a wonderful time and remember if you go to Abu Simbel sit on the the left side of the plane and watch the temples appear asw you get to the end of Lake Nassar. A sight to behold! <BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Margie

I paid $15 for my Egypt Visa when I requested it from: Consulate General of the Arab Republic of Egypt, 1990 Post Oak Blvd. Suite 2180, Houston, TX 77056 There are different consulates and I was told by the Embassy in Washington to send to Houston because of where I live (Albuquerque). However, it ended up costing much more as my passport was lost on its return from TX even tho' my husband's was still in the envelope. So I had to get a NEW passport and request another visa. You can call the consulate at 713-961-4915 for more information.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 03:25 AM
Charlie

I got my visa in the Cairo airport and didn't think it was a problem.The counters for the visas were to the left of the customs lines and it took me about 10 minutes to get the visa.You must wait to clear customs anyway sooo what's another 10/15 minutes?

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Kam

I 2nd Charlie. Super simple. We got our Visas as we walked off the plane, at one of the money exchange shops. Only took seconds, and we arrived at 11:00pm

Old May 1st, 2001, 11:34 AM
Jackie

If I wait to get my visa in Cairo do I need pictures? Also how much do you think the visa would cost?

Old May 1st, 2001, 02:04 PM
buck

No pictures needed, we even forgot to sign our appl. and they just stamped it and the passport, as long as the money is good, thats what matters, no pics, no sign, no nothing but the money. They should just say its a airport landing tax and forget all this jazz about the visa. Buck

Old May 6th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Haz

We got visas in airport last summer. My husband got them while I held our place in line. He returned just as I got to the custom's counter. No problem! We preferred not to mail our passports away even in the US. Good luck!!!!

Old May 11th, 2001, 02:25 PM
noeleen

My travel agent advised us to get our visa's before travelling. I had photos taken, sent the passports to the embassy <BR>here in Ireland and received an empty envelope back from the embassy. The passports with visa's were lost in the post. When we arrived in egypt I got on a long queue which moved at the speed of ligtening as all they do is stamp the passport as you hand them $15. <BR>There are no photos needed. I could have saved myself a major headache if I had not bothered to try and get them before I went.

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:02 AM
sdfsdf

Please help!!! <BR>Will be going to Egypt and our travel agent did not inform us of visas. What are these for?? and if they cost $USd 15.00 is it per person, and is one charged in dollars or Egyptian currency at the Cairo airport???

Old May 17th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Myriam

You simply buy a visa at one of the exchange counters when arriving in the airport. I think the actual price is 21US$ per person. You need this visa to enter the country. It just looks like two small stamps that you hastick

Old May 17th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Myriam

Sorry, hit the wrong key! <BR> <BR>Repeating my message: <BR>You simply buy a visa at one of the exchange counters when arriving in the airport. I think the actual price is 21US$ per person. You need this visa to enter and to leave the country. It just looks like two small stamps that you have to stick on an empty page in your passport. Nothing to worry about!

Old May 19th, 2001, 06:37 PM
bonnie

$15 is taken in American cash dollars, be sure to have exact. for no hassle.