Hotels - Egypt

Sep 15th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Hotels - Egypt

Hi everyone:

My husband and I are planning to travel to Egypt in March, 2004. I think we will be travelling with Experience Egypt. Has anyone stayed at Le Meridien Pyramids in Giza and at the Marriott or Sofitel in Sharm? Would appreciate any input.
Thanks!
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:00 AM

hi avery, egypt is a tourist country and most hotels in it match the world specifications..since it's a 5 stars hotel don't worry and be sure u will enjoy ur stay in it.
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:44 AM

Bear in mind that Giza does not have much other than Pyramids. Oberoi I think is the best out there. If you are wanting to do shopping etc and go out in the evening more readily, I would stay more down town. We had great rooms at Royal Nile for $95 per night. Has great pool - opened only in May. It is conveniently located and jutting out into the Nile you get good views and less of the noise than say at the Nile Hilton or Intercontinental SemiRamis, which are 2 other good hotels.
Sep 26th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input Travelnik. We have 2 different stays in Cairo, so maybe we'll stay at Giza once and Cairo the other time.

Search this Thread