Hotel/Tour Recommendations

Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:28 AM
Kenny Sloane

Hotel/Tour Recommendations

I will be in Cape Town for 2 1/2 weeks beginning in Mid January. I have reservations at The Protea Dolphin Beach. I was wondering if this is a good place for staying as far as traveling around South Africa? Is this a very nice hotel or would you recommend others instead of it. I may change my Hotel for my last week. What are the 2 highest recommended tours that you consider a must while visiting South Africa. Thank You!

Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:47 AM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Kenny,

As far as the Dolphin Beach is concerned I hope that you are hiring a car in that you will need it at this venue. The hotel is slightly outside of the city centre. It certainly is a reasonable place to stay. No great shakes but certainly no problems either. I assume that your question should read how central it is to explore Cape Town and not South Africa as your mail states. In terms of this if you hire a car you should be ok. Personally I would recommend venues closer to the city however I have to stress that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Dolphin Beach.

In terms of tours that you should do I would recommend, in order preference, that you try and do the following tours :

1. A Cape Peninsula tour (+ Table Mountain)
2. A Cape Winelands tour
3. A city tour
4. A township tour.
5. A Robben Island tour

If you do the above and simply chill out for the rest of your stay you will truly enjoy my city.

Hope you have a great time in Cape Town and if you need any other advice jut write to the Fodors page or my email address and I will try and rsepond to you as best I can.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Search this Thread