Search

Airfares to Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Jan

Airfares to Dubai, UAE

My sister and family will be moving to Dubai, UAE, in May. At the end of an Italy tour (June 5), I would love to visit Dubai. Airfares even from European cities seem so expensive. Can anyone recommend how to get the cheapest airfare to Dubai from Europe? Which cities might have best fares/flights? This is a new one for me. Thanks.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 12:27 AM
Expat

I don't know about Dubai but going into Bahrain (and then a shortish hop) Czech Airlines, Malta Air and Cyprus Air. Gulf Air is also cheapish. All these about half of British Airways fare. <BR> <BR>Egypt Air is also probably OK. <BR> <BR>Of European carriers I'd imagine Lufthansa and Air France cheapest, but am only going from past experience, things could have changed. <BR> <BR>You probably get more choice of airlines from London.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 01:51 AM
Jan

Thanks much. I hadn't thought of those airlines. Will do some research.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 03:04 AM
Expat

In case you look into it further: <BR> <BR>If you fly Egyptair and have to overnight in Cairo they will provide a hotel room (but you have to ask). Hotel is right there in the airport. <BR> <BR>You may also want to look into flying Gulf Air or Emirates, from States to Dubai (via Europe), and doing Italy as a side trip from London. <BR> <BR>The difference between the cheapest and dearest London-Bahrain-London flight (that I'm aware of) is around US$745 so it is worth looking around.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Jan

Thanks very much for the tip on Egyptair and other airlines. I'll consider all possibilities, including using my British Airways frequent flyer miles from London.