Hotel in Capetown

Oct 26th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Capetown

I am planning to be in Cape Town for New Year's and I saw that a new hotel called the ArabellaSheraton has just opened up. Does anyone know anything about this hotel?
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:06 AM

Nema,

The Arabella Sheraton opened its doors about 3 months ago and every quickly got nicknamed "the airport" by tourism professionals. The nickname is a because everyone at the hotel are all dressed in what looks like steward and stewardess outfits. The admin staff all walk around with earpieces so as to be in contact all the time and everything runs very efficently HOWEVER because of this type of service the hotel feeling is as cold as ice and very clinical.

The rooms at the Sheraton are well appointed. The location of the hotel is good and facilities at the venue are very up to date with internet connections etc. The hotel rate is not a cheap one and I am not sure if I would label it as being worth it. I dont suppose that I can fault the hotel however it just is not the same as walking into a friendly upmarket B&B where when the owner smiles the smile is because he/she wants to smile and not because he/she is told to smile. #39;(

I do believe that you are going to have problems finding good accommodation over the New Year period in Cape Town so if you can find acommodation at the Arabella and can afford it then book it so as to have a stand by while you might want to look around at other accommodation in the meantime.

Hope this helps.

Selwyn Davidowitz
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your feedback. It does appear that good accomodations will be hard to find at that time, so I will take your advice.

Search this Thread