Hotel Ibis Casa Voyageurs - closed

May 31st, 2016, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Ibis Casa Voyageurs - closed

Greetings travelers,

The Hotel Ibis Casa Voyageurs closed today and the hotel staff seemed none the wiser as to if/when it will re-open. A new Ibis is being constructed on the other side of the railway station but is a long way from being finished. Directly across from the station is Al Walid Hotel, which opened in 2013 and offers a similar standard of accommodation to the Ibis. The rooms are perfectly adequate for an overnight stop with spacious and well-designed bathrooms and comfortable bedrooms, although the carpet flooring is already looking a trifle worn in some rooms. The cost including breakfast and fast Wi-Fi is currently 777dh for a single and 954dh for twin/double, though both of these costs can usually be discounted if you ask nicely .

Happy travels,
Darren Humphrys
May 31st, 2016, 02:21 PM

Oh, the end of an era! All good things must end, I suppose. Farewell good 'ol Ibis Casa Voyageurs.
May 31st, 2016, 06:38 PM

Wow, I just stayed there last month on my last night in Morocco. Nothing to write home about but the price (about US$65) was sure right.
Jun 6th, 2016, 04:43 AM

That's a shame. Pretty handy, if not particularly showy. Had a first go with Moroccan wine in the bar there. (I'm probably more sentimental about the wine than the place itself)

Search this Thread