Hot Spring or Minamar in Bahariya?

Feb 19th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Hot Spring or Minamar in Bahariya?

Am currently pricing a trip to Egypt in November. For the desert portion, I requested the International Hot Spring Hotel in Bahariya; however, one of the companies is recommending the Minamar. It looks O.K. on their website. Any feedback from folks who've been to either one would be most helpful.
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:34 AM

Don't know anything about the Minamar, but all of the people I know (and there are many) who did desert trips - stayed at the International Hot Spring Hotel.
Feb 21st, 2006, 04:59 PM

We stayed at the Minimar in November 2005 and were well satisfed with the hotel and the food. However, there were no other guests there at the time! It is not elaborate but we knew this about oasis hotels. It is well off the beaten track - nowhere to walk to. The staff was very friendly and nice and served us an enormous amount of very good food. Since we were tired from the trek from Cairo, it was good to get some extra sleep. Oasis hotels are definitely not plush, but this served our needs. Please let me know if you have other questions. We were not sure about doing the desert trip, but it turned out to be one of the best parts of our 15 day trip.

Search this Thread