honeymoon safari in august - londolozi v. singita

Dec 30th, 2002, 10:38 AM
RJ

honeymoon safari in august - londolozi v. singita

planning a honeymoon this august and looking to combine safari with an island. as for the safari, we are looking for something amazing. we have been to kenya before and now what something different. first thoughts are londolozi or singita. any thoughts?

also, trying to find a decent island in august. have been to zanzibar and thinking mauritius, seychelles or maldives. again, any thoughts.

thanks in advance.

Dec 30th, 2002, 07:13 PM
NLS

After visiting Singita last May, I can offer an enthusiastic recommendation. The lodging is extraordinary, game viewing exceptional, cuisine superb, and staff outstanding. Now that I've run out of superlatives, suffice it to say you would enjoy Singita immensely. They do a special "in room" dinner for honeymoon couples that is very, very special. I'll be staying at Londolozi Tree Camp this May, but have no point of comparison at the moment. Enjoy!!

Dec 31st, 2002, 08:30 AM
lisa Waverley

Londolozi is also fabulous. Tree camp is great for honeymoooners. very private with outside treetop decks and outdoor showers. Service is wonderful. Haven't been to Singita so can't compare it. But honestly, I think you can't go wrong with either one.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
Jill

I went to Londolozi for my honeymoon and I can't imagine a place being much better, but I have not been to Singita. I have heard Singita is the best, but could not get into it at the time as it was full. Really though, you cannot lose either way. I drove myself crazy trying to find the perfect places and realized when I got there that each has it's own charm and all are incredible. They are all luxurious and usually have special meals planned for honeymooners (make sure you let them know it's your honeymoon). The rest is up to nature. You never know what you're going to see at a camp at any given time. We saw a lion hunt at Londolozi that was unforgettable. just happened to be at the right place at the right time. See what's available for when you want to go and know that either will be amazing.

Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:51 AM
adam

Jill - what camp did you stay at Londolozi? would you recommend it, or one of their other camps?

Jan 4th, 2003, 07:30 PM
jill

I stayed at the tree camp and did get to see the other camps. They are all beautiful and all have their own charm so you really can't go wrong. I chose the tree camp b/c each cabin has it's own little elevat3ed plunge pool--but it ended up being too cold to use it (we went end of June). Still, we had our own walk out deck where we were served private lunches and dinners with our own personal waiter. Our room was beautiful and the bathroom had a gorgeous shower and big tub surrounded with windows looking out to the bush, and heated floors. We had lunch with the monkeys which was also a highlight of our trip there--they surrounded us and were stealing our food on the main deck! The food was incredible here.

Search this Thread