honeymoon in seychelles

Dec 7th, 2000, 09:05 PM
Jonathan

honeymoon in seychelles

My wife and I are planning a honeymoon in the Seychelles from California, in September of 2001. Are we out of our minds thinking we can do this for around $5-6K U.S.? The accomodations seem reasonable to us at $200-$300/night, but the flights are not. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for the good ideas, these message boards have been very informative.

Dec 8th, 2000, 05:07 AM
Regina

Jonathan:
Please check my post "Should I post my trip report from Seychelles" and ask any questions. How much are you planning to spend on flights? I do not know about flights from California but we paid about US $1,000 for each ticket from Montreal to Victoria, Seychelles via Paris where we are staying for a few days before and after the Seychelles. We bought two separate round trip segments for May 2001 (yes, we are going back): Montreal - Paris - Montreal on Air France and Paris Victoria (SEZ)- Paris again on Air France but it is a code shared flight with Air Seychelles. I hope you will like Seychelles as much as my husband and I do. $5-6K for how long? It seems a very generous budget. Are you planning to stay on one island or more? I would suggest at least two. What are your intersts besides honeymooning? Your decision what islands to visit should be based on your interests. There is so much to do.

Dec 8th, 2000, 10:53 AM
Nigel

Flights into the Seychelles are expensive because they do not allow charter flights into the island.

You would be better getting a flight into Nairobi and then onto the Seychelles, it works out cheaper!
Nigel

Dec 8th, 2000, 11:05 AM
Melissa

We flew from Nairobi on B.A., only because we were in Africa already. Other travellers recommended going via Paris (a direct flight to Mahe). I would recommend working with a travel agent.

Search this Thread