Honeymoon Africa - need suggestions

Jul 31st, 2005, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Honeymoon Africa - need suggestions

My fiance and I would like to do an african tour for 12 days. I am a little intimidated relying on a tour group - if you have some suggestions, for a younger crowd, please let me know. We're planning to go Oct 16th, and perhaps east Africa. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. James
Aug 1st, 2005, 04:49 AM
sandi

For a honeymoon I would suggest you do a private safari. Depending on your budget you can get a safari for the two of you at about the same price as with a group tour. You'd be able to set your own itinerary and schedule; select the accommodations that suit you and not be on a set/scheduled tour with maybe as many as four other people.

You've got to do some research on your own by reading many of the threads on the board here to get an idea of what folks plan, when, why and how much.

There is a wealth of information on this board. You can do a search in the box on the top of this board - enter "kenya tour operators" or "tanzania tour operators" - a list of threads will appear on the left to read. Then send off to those listed... there are many that are highly recommended and favored by Fodorites. You will also notice that many here, prefer to use in-country outfitters rather then a tour operator in their home countries.

But first check their websites, get an idea of itineraries, ask questions here - and based on the info you receive from a few of the outfitters, you'll know whether safari fits into your honeymoon plans.

For October, I'd also check flight availability as this is still high-season and if you can't get there......
You've got a bit of work to do, but it's doable.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Aug 1st, 2005, 05:19 AM

I think Egypt exactly sharm el shiekh or Hurghada is your choice.!

Search this Thread