Honeymoon

Dec 20th, 1999, 01:06 PM
Adalis

Honeymoon

I am looking for a very nice destination for my honeymoon in October 2000. I have already travel to Paris, All Italy, Puerto Rico, New York, Las Vegas etc. If I go to the Caribbean it will be cold for my taste, The Alaskan Cruise I wanted to take is not available at this time of year. Does anybody have a good idea as to where to go in my honeymoon?

Dec 20th, 1999, 05:02 PM
holly

Adalis,

I went on three vacations in '99 and one of them was my honeymoon. I would recommend any of the three. Did Hawaii with my best friend in April. We planned and arranged our own 10-day trip using travel books like Fodor's, Lonely Planet, etc. We spent five days on the Big Island and four on Maui. Rented a car and stayed in B&B's on the Big Island and hotels/condos on Maui. It was pretty affordable mostly because our activities were free. We did a ton of hiking, kyaking, swimming, etc.

My husband and I did a Renaissance cruise for our honeymoon. The itinerary we had to Spain, Portugal and Morocco isn't offered anymore, but I would still recommend the line. We are in our early thirties and were by far the youngest couple on the ship, but it was very romantic and relaxing with no poolside "rah-rah" nonsense. My bestfriend and her boyfriend are going to Tahiti in the spring. They wanted to take the Renaissance cruise but can't take so many days off. If you have the time check it out.

Finally, I just got back from a two week tour of Egypt and Greece with my best friend. This was also VERY affordable and (I hope my husband doesn't see this) the best vacation of my life! We did the "Cleopatra's Dream" tour which included our flight, transfers, admission costs, hotels, etc. and added on a few extra excursions of our own. This trip wasn't really about relaxing. We did relax a little on the four day Nile Cruise, but most mornings it was up between 4 and 6 am. I have to admit that we saw and did as much as was humanly possible and wouldn't have missed a moment. Our tour was arranged by Travel In Style, USA at 888-466-8242 or [email protected] Ask for Omar. Egypt is fascinating for its history and a joy because of its hospitality. We never felt so safe on a trip.

Don't hesitate to email with questions.

Best wishes.

Search this Thread