Honeyguide Safari Camp

Oct 14th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Honeyguide Safari Camp

To all who have been there - I'm hoping to visit next July for a few days before travelling on to another lodge, either in Sabi Sands (Londolozi or Ulusaba) or in the Okovango. Honeyguide sounds great but I'm concerned about the inability to go off-road. This will be our first safari & I want to make sure we can see some amazing wildlife. If we do Honeyguide, should we definitely do Sabi Sands too or should we be able to see enough in 3 days there to feel we've "experienced" the Kruger area & be ok moving on to Botswana?

Also, since we'll be there in the dead of winter, will it be absolutely freezing in the tent?
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM
sandi

We spent 2-days at Honeyguide (before their refurbishments [about 2-yrs ago... and it looks nice]). Here you're on the Manyeletti Private Reserve and though they have roads here, we did plenty of off-road drives. What was really nice about being on Manyeletti is that there are only 2 other camps on the entire concession... we never saw another vehicle, not even those from Honeyguide. From here we then drove to Sabi Sand for a few days at Singita.

Whether Manyeletti will be sufficient - NO! Can't get enough game drives especially if you can choose different areas.

If you have the opportunity to also spend 2-3 days in Sabi Sands, go for it. Besides, if choosing between Londolozi or Ulusaba (must pricier than Honeyguide)... your accommodations alone will be completely different.

While it will be winter and the plunge pools at the higher end camps probably aren't heated, the advantage of visiting at this time when the grasses and growth are low - easier spotting of animals. It's a perfect time to visit, but be prepared with proper dress for game drives and longjohns to sleep in the tents at Honeyguide.

Happy travels.

Search this Thread