Search

Egypt trip???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt trip???

I am the ultimate trip planner and am just beginning to plan for a 2007 trip to Egypt. I guess that's where we want to go??? We want to see pyramids and history!!!! Where do we even start? What are some "must see" places? As you can see, I don't know much about any of this, so I need to start working on it now! Thanks!
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Anyone have any help?
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 07:48 AM

Hi

In the "Search this Forum " at the top of the page..type in my name ,Percy, then click on "search on the right hand side.

Then when the new web page comes up, click on "Just Back from Egypt".

I posted a report of my trip about 3 weeks ago.

Also read the other "Just Back from Egypt."

If you have any further questions after reading these reports ..just ask!

Percy

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:39 AM

For a start I would go to websites of major US tour companies (such as Globus, Tauck, etc.). Check out there 10-14 day tours of Egypt and you will see that they almost all go to about the same places for the same length of time - this will give you a picture of what the basics are to see.

Then, when you begin to plan your trip, take these places into consideration and add or subtract as your personal interests and preferences are.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 11:15 AM
sandi

A further search on this board - input Egypt, then click search on the right. Many threads will appear in the left column for you to read. You'll get an idea of itineraries which as mentioned above a generally the same. The difference will come in whether you choose to use a US or European tour operators or one in Egypt and your budget. You will also find names of in-country Egyptian tour operators.

And then there is the old fashioned way - stop into a local travel agency, ask for a few brochures containing itineraries for Egypt and go from there.

You have to familiarize yourself with what is available and from whom, your budget, time of travel, etc. Remember, it's your holiday, so start reading. Then come back here with questions to which you'll find many answers.

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 03:12 PM

That is good advice sandi.

She can start with Insight Tours.com as they have weekly tours in Egypt.

But then so do many other Tour Companies.

Percy
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM

I always start out with a guidebook or 5 (since I'm a guidebook junkie)and then get more specific.

Old Nov 18th, 2005, 10:27 AM

A Nile cruise is a must-do! Absolutely wonderful!
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 10:34 AM

oh- one more thing- the best part of my trip to Egypt 2 yrs ago was an early morning visit (around 9 am I think) to the Khan khalili. Early morning it was beautiful and not crowded and the shopkeepers had time to chat (egyptians are the NICEST people). My only regret of the entire trip is that I didn't get to spend a whole day in the khan! The most picturesque and exotic place!
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM

We just returned from a Globus tour of Egypt with a Nile Cruise. It included all the most important historical antiquities and beautiful places with great efficiency.

Check out our pictures and report at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/egyptmain.html and you will get some great ideas of "must see" places!

Mike