Hiring Guides in Egypt

Nov 11th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Hiring Guides in Egypt

Planning to go to Egypt in March 2004, I'm still trying to decide of taking a tour or go independently. Can anyone share some feedback of how to hire a guide and car while in Cairo, or do you have to do it before going there? How much they will charge for a day?

Thanks
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:25 PM
sandi

I'm sure you've checked some sites or seen brochures and have an idea of what a standard 9-day tour consists of? Yes? Is there anything on these that you are not interested in? Anything else you would like to see/do? And a tour doesn't need to mean a "group" - you can be your own tour.

Sure you can wait to arrive, and arrange through your hotel, but why not have it planned ahead of time, so as not to take away from your time in such an amazing country.

Suggest you contact some of the Egyptian tour operators, tell them what you're interested in - whether the standard, or something special - and ask them to price it for you.

Try contacting MISR - official Egyptian tourist company.
Also Egyptian Connections - do a search for their website.
And while doing a search for Egyptian Tour Operators, whatever other company that shows up that seems reputable - contact them as well.

Both of the companies listed are reputable and I gather you can negotiate with them - bye the way they can do hotels at any budget range, but I'd stay with 3* and above, preferably at least 4*, prices aren't that high. And the current exchange rate is pretty good.

Search this Thread