Hilton Queen of Sheba in Eilat?

Sep 28th, 2000, 09:09 PM
jm

Hilton Queen of Sheba in Eilat?

Has anyone stayed here? What's it like? What are the rooms and pool area like?

How does it compare in facilities, quality, etc. to the Dan Eilat?

Sep 28th, 2000, 10:04 PM
Lori

Have not seen the rooms, but I was discussing the different Eilat hotels with someone and they told me that they were nice. Yes, the pool area is beautiful. However, the beach access isn't the best. I stayed at Herrods (a Sheraton/Starwood property) which I would recommend highly (over the Hilton)if that's an option for you.

Oct 1st, 2000, 07:45 PM
jm

Thanks for the advice. The prices for our famiy of four at Herod's is about $200 more than at the Dan or Queen of Sheba. Someone had said that the Herod's public areas are gorgeous, but that the rooms themselves are just regular hotel rooms. True?

Oct 23rd, 2000, 03:50 AM
Lori

We had a very nice room. Nicer than an average room in Israel (better than the Dan Panoranma in TA, Sheraton in TA), but not one that I would rave about in my diary (granted I've been lucky to stay in some pretty nice places in the world). I would certainly not pay $200 more a night for it than a brand new Hilton (ie the Queen of Sheba) Perhaps you can get a better rate though an alternative source as I can't believe than can be competitive at that much of a difference. (the spa club wasn't included with our room rate which would be a substantial differentiator)

Search this Thread