High Speed Internet Access in Capetown?

Dec 16th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

High Speed Internet Access in Capetown?

How readily available is HIGH SPEED internet access in Capetown? I am not talking about LAN connections but rather high speed that I could use to plug into my laptop.

Any internet cafe recommendations near the Waterfront?

Thanks.
Dec 16th, 2004, 07:32 PM

George,

High speed internet connections are freely available at all Cape Town internet cafes and believe me there are many of them.

As far as the Waterfront is concerned there are quite a number of these establishments in the shopping mall. Simply go to the V&A Mall index board and you will find them as all internet cafes have ADSL connections. Whether they have the facility for you to use your laptop as opposed to their own pcs depends on each individual shop. Expect to pay about R10/hour to use the internet cafe facilities in Cape Town although in Sea Point I have seen some places along the Main Road that sell their time at R6/hour as competition for trade is high.

Also enquire at your place of stay as many places have the facility readily available however be aware that it might be much more expensive than visiting the nearest internet cafe.

Hope this helps and do enjoy my great city to the full when you visit us.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread