Hermanus, SA Whales

Mar 4th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Kathleen

Hermanus, SA Whales

Why don't you contact the people at the Kenjockity Guest House in Hermanus. I don't have their email address handy -- but the husband and wife started the whole whale tourism phenomena in Hermanus including all the publicity, the web site and the whale crier. They will know best. We stayed at their guest house during our recent trip to RSA and really enjoyed it.

Mar 15th, 2001, 05:40 AM
Local

See www.cape-whaleroute.co.za - maybe they can help.

Mar 29th, 2001, 01:11 AM
Sammy

We were in Hermanus Nov/Dec 2000 and had made arrangements to go on a whale watching tour because everyone had told us it was the end of the season and possibilities to see whales off shore rather slim. Well, as soon as we arrived, parked our car and walked to the bay, we saw about five to eight whales playing so close by (for about an hour and a half), and after they left to go back out into the open sea, we drove to the old harbor of Hermanus and saw another few whales extremely close to the shore (they slapped their fins and we got wet from the water splashing around -- that's how close they were). My point: I was glad we didn't spend the $ on a whale watching tour, especially since we would have been charged about $90 per person for 2-3 hours. I have about an hour of video recordings that are absolutely incredible

Search this Thread