Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Here's a nice map of the Sabi Sand Reserve that I just came across......

Here's a nice map of the Sabi Sand Reserve that I just came across......

Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Here's a nice map of the Sabi Sand Reserve that I just came across......

click on the red highlighted area and it will open up another more detailed map:

http://sabi.krugerpark.co.za/sabi-sands-map.html

What amazes me is that Savanna and Singita border each other and probably share some of the same traversing areas, yet Singita is nearly quadruple the price as Savanna. Now I am not saying that Savanna is Singita's equal but it still looks like a pretty nice place, especially if you stay in an executive lodge. You can book Savanna on www.mtbeds for only 1,795 ZAR per person per night sharing on www.mtbeds.co.za between May 01st and June 30th ($222 USD per person) compared to well over $800 USD per person for Singita.
The website for Savanna is www.savannalodge.com

Still, I slightly prefer Vuyatela for about $250 USD per person per night and Vuyatela is in the same location as Djuma, as it is Djuma's upmarket new camp.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:45 AM
LizFrazier

Rocco-
I don't know what you do for a living, but I'll bet that you could make it big as a travel planner/guide to Africa. Your excitement is contagious, you would have the complete trust of others and you could write off all of these trips. haha. Seriously when you retire, you might give it some thought. Liz

Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Liz,

Thanks for the kind words. In all honesty, I am just a guy trying to save a buck and, in turn, share the little I have learned with others so that they, too, may benefit.

If I could go to Africa in style every year or two by being a smart consumer, then it is all worthwhile.

Then again, if I ever do buy a house in Cape Town, I may give Selwyn a run for his money!
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

topping. This map also allows you to access each of the game reserves shown and has competitive pricing on most of the lodges.

Search this Thread