Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Here is a great website for discounted game reserve accomodations......

Here is a great website for discounted game reserve accomodations......

Feb 15th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Here is a great website for discounted game reserve accomodations......

(courtesy of fellow Fodorite, Liz)
www.mtbeds.co.za

Just a couple of the rates that I came across:

Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge - $412 USD ($206 pppns)
Big downside is you must arrive within 48 hours of booking and valid only until April 30th. Although it is not Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge, it is still Sabi Sabi at $412 per night!!!

Jaci's Safari Camp - $356 USD ($178 pppns)
Valid from February 13 - February 23rd
This place was highly recommended by another forumite recently (sorry, but I don't remember whom)

Exeter Game Lodge - $360 USD ($180 pppns)
Valid from January 01st to April 30th. This place appears very upscale and is usually closer to $800 USD ($400 pppns)

Ngala Tented Safari Camp - $360 USD ($180 pppns). Must book within 14 days prior to arrival. I have been trying to win an auction for this place for weeks and was prepared to pay $1500+ to do so. Usual price is $950 USD ($475 pppns). No need to bother with the auction now. I just saw someone pay $2100 for a winning bid and I bet they thought they got a good deal.

Inyati Game Reserve - $360 USD Per Night ($180 pppns). Valid from May 01st to September 30th. Further discounted to $288 if you book within five days prior to arrival.

There are many others but just from the above list, it looks like Inyati and Exeter are incredible bargains and do not require you to prebook just days before arrival.

There were also great bargains in Victoria Falls and other places. Then, there were plenty of occasions where there were great rates to places as luxurious as Londolozi and Phinda that had incredible rates but are still subscribing to the practice of apartheid by excluding all but South African citizens from enjoying these rates.

THIS was the exact hoped for outcome of my previous thread that criticized the prices of South African lodging. Thanks again Liz for the wonderful tip.
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:59 AM
Original Poster

Just found another interesting website with some pretty good rates:

www.attractiveafrica.com

For example, I am very interested in Vuyatela (Djuma's upmarket new camp) but I have been unable to find Vuyatela for less than $550 per night. On www.attractiveafrica.com the price is only $499 ($249.50 ppspn).

Search this Thread