help with visas to kenya and tanzania!

Mar 12th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

help with visas to kenya and tanzania!

I am a US citizen. I am flying into Nairobi and plan to take shuttle bus to Arusha and do safari from there. Afterwards, my plane departs from Nairobi again. Can I get all my visas there??? Also, will I need multiple entry visa for Kenya since I will be leaving and then going back? If someone could clarify things for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
Mar 12th, 2005, 01:05 PM
sandi

You can get both VISAs upon arrival in each country. Be sure you download the Visa applications from the respective embassy websites. For Kenya, complete the form while on the plane, then on arrival at NBO, hand it over with USD$50.

You'll do the same when traveling by bus to Tanzania - at the Namanga border crossing when the bus stops for border control/procedures. Hand in your application with USD$50.

And no you do not need a multi-entry VISA. But make certain you have at least two (2) full blank pages in your passport as the Visas for each country take up a page.

If the fare for the shuttle bus hasn't been prepaid, be certain you have USD with the new faces and preferrably the tri-color USD$20s. Happy travels.

Search this Thread