Help with travel plans for Dubai

Nov 30th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

Help with travel plans for Dubai

In June next year my husband and myself will be travelling to Dubai for 5 days. We will be arriving in late June, and our last 2 days will be the beginning of Ramadan. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me information on the following.

- the best area to book our accommodation
- recommendations for hotels
- restaurant recommendations
- the best things to see and do
- any other tips to make our stay safe and memorable

I plan on doing a lot of research so any information will be greatly appreciated.
Dec 7th, 2013, 06:02 AM

Difficult to say without knowing you or your budget. The area in Sheikh Zayed Road near Crown Plaza has many great hotels, and it is easy to find transport from here to anywhere else in Dubai. The Dubai Marina is pretty, but traffic from there can be in nightmare. If you are here during Ramadan, the traffic will be much quieter, so it need not be an issue. During Ramadan the malls are very very quiet during daylight hours. Depending on your tastes, this can be a good thing or a negative thing. Did you look at the weather reports for June and July? Again, the heat need not be an issue, aircon here can be ferocious. But you will not want go to the desert, the beaches or even the souks during summer. I will not pay much extra for a sea view. The sea here is like a huge lazy dam. The waves are 12 - 18 inches high. No huge breakers or white foam. It is still nice to see the ships leaving the harbour, or the sun setting over the sea, but it is not my idea of an idyllic sea view.

Happy planning!
Dec 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you kovsie. Any information is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately we have to travel there in June - not ideal, but we will make the best of it. Planning is half the fun!!!

Cheers
Dec 9th, 2013, 12:25 PM

totally agree that planning is indeed half the fun.

- the best area to book our accommodation:- marina / jumeirah beach residence area is beautiful but as kovsie rightly said traffic is horrid there. sheikh zayed road / jlt/ jumeirah / dubai mall side are alternatives.

- recommendations for hotels:- would depend on locality you finalise and more importantly budget

- restaurant recommendations:- tons n tons of great ones depending on the cuisine you want. for local regional cuisine numerous cheap options also available in the form of Al Reef Bakery / Moulin D'Or / Arz Lebanon / Danial / Al Hallab / Beirut. A lot would again depend on budget and cuisine. Friday brunches are quite popular as well.

- the best things to see and do:- dubai mall for shopping and aquarium. burj khalifa. burj al arab. ferrari world, yas water world or wild wadi, dhow cruise, desert safari, sky diving, grand mosque in abu dhabi

- any other tips to make our stay safe and memorable:- dubai is a very safe place and you should have no issues of any kind so long as local customs and laws are respected
Dec 9th, 2013, 05:24 PM

within a 500 m walk down Shaikh Zayed Road you will find restaurants from America (of course), lebanon, Persia, India, Japan, Italy and more. YOu will have a choice between inexpensive take-aways to fine dining in the best hotels. This is also true for the other areas mentioned above. One hint: book a table in a restaurant in Dubai Mall with a view of the fountains for one evening. Enjoy!
Jan 24th, 2014, 04:46 AM

Which has the best view of the fountain?
Feb 2nd, 2014, 06:13 AM

If you have a hotel in mind, you can simply check www.booking.com
If not, I recommend you to coordinate with a travel agency in Dubai (like AlRais holidays) they will help you plan the whole thing, sightseeing, hotel booking, car rental ..etc
here you are their fb page, u can drop them a msg and they'll answer right away
https://www.facebook.com/AlRaisHolidays

Search this Thread