help with morocco

Aug 4th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

help with morocco

I can't seem to figure out how to post my message - here I go again. I will be travelling to Morocco with my 26 year old daughter in November. We will be there for two weeks and plan to go to Fez, Marrakech and Essouria. I would like to know how far it is to get to Merzouga from Marrakech. We will be using public transportation. Also, does anyone have suggestions about day trips or overnight trips to the dessert adn to the mountains from Marrakech. Thanks in advance.
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM

I think the reason that you haven't been getting many, if any, responses to your questions is because this forum tends to attract those more interested in safaris than Morocco. I've been to Morocco and its very interesting, but I don't have the in-depth knowledge needed to answer your questions.

I think you'll do much, much better if you post your questions on www.lonelyplanet.com in their Thorn Tree forum.

Not trying to be rude, just realistic. You won't get a lot of attention here, I fear, but you'll get many responses on the Thorn Tree.
Aug 7th, 2005, 07:00 AM

Last year when I was in Morocco we had our own car so I can't help with public transportation but I can tell you Merzouga is a long drive from Marrakech. We drove from Fez to Merzouga and it was a long day of driving we stayed two nights in Merzouga one in a casbah and one in the desert with a guide. Upon leaving the desert we drove to the Todra Gorge then Ouzazarte where we spent one night each before heading to Marrakech with a stop at Ait BennHaddou(sp?). The desert was a highlight of a trip we loved so in my opinion it's really worth the effort to get there. The casbah we stayed at was called Kanz Erremal if you contact them www.kanzerremal.com they may be able to help you with the logistics. Good Luck!

Search this Thread