help with morocco

Jun 8th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

help with morocco

My adult daughter and I are planning to go to Morocco for a couple of weeks. The rates go down in November and wonder if that's a good time of year to go? How safe are two women traveling alone? What are the absolute must see and do things and places? We are so pumped about this trip and I want to plan early. Thanks.
Jun 9th, 2005, 04:52 AM

I was in Morocco from Sept.30 until the October 19 last year and the weather was still very warm so I expect November wouldn't be much diffrent. I was travelling with my husband but didn't hesitate hitting the road on my own if I had to, I was stared at and had some men hiss and say things to me but it wasn't super threatening and would not prevent me from missing such a great country.

The part of Morocco that I would say not to miss is the desert (we were in Merzouga), it's amazing and when I remember our trip it's the first thing that comes to mind. We stayed at the Kanz Erremal and spent one night sleeping out in the dunes. We also very much enjoyed Essaouira and the medina of Fez where we had a great guide.

Search this Thread