Help with itinerary in Kruger?

Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
Original Poster

Help with itinerary in Kruger?

In Februar 2014 we will go to Kruger as part of our 6 weeks vacation in South Africa, but I am having some problems with our itinerary in Kruger. I have been to loads of websites including sanparks and krugerpark.com, so I have a lot of info, but just as many questions.......

We are 2 adults and 2 kids aged 5 and 9. We will be hiring a 4x4 with camping equipment (I know it´s not necessary for Kruger, but we love camping ).

I think I can convince my wife that we shold book 9-10 nights (and if she don´t agree, I just do it anyway and take the hassle afterwards ).

Since we are camping I thought something like:

Punda Maria 2 night
Tsendze Rustic camp 2 nights
Sable overnight hide 1 night (do anyone have experience in booking this?)
Balule 2 nights
Lower Sabie 2 nights
Berg-en-Dal 1 night.

I am little woried that we use too much time in northern and central part and miss the best gameviewing in the south, but I like too se as much of the park as possible.

Any comments or input for the itinerary, it will be highly appriciated

Anyone by chance have experience with the 4x4 trails in Kruger?
Apr 24th, 2013, 04:42 AM

Hi

I have just returned from KNP, also used to live in SA and visited KNP numerous times. Send me your email address and I will give you as much info as I can

Geoff ([email protected])
May 3rd, 2013, 04:25 AM

It's not necessarily true that the best game-viewing is in the south of KNP, it's more a question of being in the right place at the right time, and being open-minded about what species of animals you will see on any given day. In fact, thinking about the best sightings we've seen, these would be between Skukuza anbd Oliphants (i.e. the central region) and also up near Mopani, which is rich in elephants, buffalo and crododiles for example.

Your north-south itinerary will give you exposure to a wide range of landscapes and natural habitats. You have one or two long drives, but not excessive.

Search this Thread