help with flight from US to JNB

Dec 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

help with flight from US to JNB

Hello everyone, my wife and I will be traveling to South Africa in March, and I need some help with getting the airfare, we have tried all the normal sites and the fares are outrageous! Almost double what it cost us to fly to thailand last month! Anyway if anyone could help that would be great! Thanks, Jeffrey
Dec 1st, 2004, 05:12 AM
sandi

Have you contacted Premier Tours? They are a tour operator based in Philadelphia, PA, but they have a separate air consolidator department that offers competitive fares.

Contact them at:

www.premiertours.com

select their air/fligts dept. and if you don't see what you want, do give them a call or email for the fares available in March. I recall that last year the fares in March were lower, but this might differ year-to-year, and might not come available until after New Years. Try them.

Dec 1st, 2004, 05:19 AM
sandi

Here's another site with airfares to Africa. Some of the fares are pretty good.

http://www.consolidatorwebfares.com/afspecials.htm

You can also check Virgin Air as last year they were offering discounted fares with stop in the UK (London). And Iberia has special reduced fares via Madrid. Let us know if you have any success with these.

Dec 1st, 2004, 01:22 PM

Try Biztravels.com

They broker frequent flier miles.
I opted not to go with them on my recent trip to Africa because of this, and found out that my travel agent did the same thing, but didn't tell me since it's such a common practice that they don't seem to even declare it anymore. (???)

Not that I agree with that practice...BUT...if you like to know where your dollars go - chances are you'll get as good a flight at better prices with Biztravels; that is, if you don't need to use your miles.

Search this Thread