help with egypt itinerary

Aug 29th, 1999, 08:55 AM
bob walker

help with egypt itinerary

Considering a trip to Egypt in February. We would like to make a Nile cruise the highlight - mabye 4 or 5 days. We would appreciate suggestions as to an itinerary.
We are experienced travellers and would probably travel on our own but would consider a small group tour.

thanks for your help.

Sep 1st, 1999, 08:45 AM
cb

The itinerary of our tour last year was the usual Cairo sites, the Nile cruise, the Sinai area, Al Fayoum, and Alexandria. The Nile cruise will take you to Luxor, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, and Aswan. Abu Simble is a must-see for me.
Another optional tour we did was Nefertari's tomb in the Valley of the Queens. It cost $50 each for admission and the number of tickets sold is very limited. The tomb was incredibly beautiful and well-lighted, not like other tombs in the Valley of the Kings.

Surprisingly very scenic is the Sinai area. We started at Sharm-el-sheik where
there is snorkeling; the coral reefs are worth seeing. We had a day trip to the scenic colored canyon and then on to St Catherine. Sunrise at Mt Sinai was worth the trouble of getting up at 3am to hike the mountain.
Alexandria is rich in history; El Fayoum was not very interesting.

Sep 1st, 1999, 06:21 PM
Bob Walker

Thanks for your reply

Sep 6th, 1999, 03:44 PM
Gehrig

The Nile cruises are all about the same itinerary. Luxury of ship changes the prices. I would suggest Dahsur, outside Cairo. just rtecently opended Red and Bent Pyramids are off the beaten track of most tourists and incredible to see. I echo the trip to Nefertari's tomb and don't miss Abu Simbel. The camel market in Cairo is great also. Good Luck.

Search this Thread