Long flight non stop or layover

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on flying to Dubai 16 hour non stop or a 6 hour layover in Paris. Wondering which would be better. Have never flown this far before just European trips. thanks, Joanne
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 08:46 AM

Hi,
Personally I'm a 'bite the bullet and get it over with' sort of girl. Now if the layover was long enough to be an overnight that would be a different story but 6 hours, to me, is neither here nor there - not really long enough to leave the airport or book a room nor is it short enough to be just a stroll around the airport and get something to eat break. Mind you, I have never taken a 16 hour non-stop flight .. longest has been 11 hours and I found that bearable.

Imelda
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM

16/hours is like flying JFK to Johannesburg or 14/hrs from LAX to Sydney. And, now there's that "forever" non-stop East Coast to Bangkok! Once you're on the plane, I also "bite the bullet" and go with the flow. Anything more than 10/hrs, you don't feel. And, as above - a 6/hr stop anywhere, just ain't worth it.

I plan on doing the 12+/hrs from JFK/DXB and it is what it is. The alterntive is a stop in London, and that is the last place I'd want to stop.... straight through is what I always do (prefer).

Eat, drink and be merry with your drugs (sleeping pills) will do it everytime for me.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:23 PM

I just returned from Dubai, flying Emirates Dubai-JFK, then Delta JFK-Atlanta.
I think if the option is 6 hour layover in Paris, just fly straight thru and get it done.
I said that if I fly it again, I will stopover in London for a day or two with friends, but I would rather sit on the plane and get it over with,than to kill time in an airport.
I slept a lot on the flight, and handled it better than I thought I would.
Hope you have a good trip.

Dubai is wonderful. I had a great time there.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM

I'm also the type that just continues to slug it out until it is over. I try to go into a trance or some such and numb myself to the seemingly never ending discomfort, noise, and boredom of it all. The rigors of travel
regards - tom