Help with a good game reserve expericne!

Oct 9th, 1999, 07:57 AM
Genevieve

Help with a good game reserve expericne!

My husband and I want to experience the countryside and wildlife in SA this November. A few questions - 1. What is a good way to do this and where should we go for a relatively reasonable price? We are flying into JoBurg. Not budget travel but basically comfortable and most importantly fun! We thought about Krueger Park - how can we get more information about what is available for November? Are reservations necessary or can we do a lot of last minute planning and still enjoy ourselves? thanks!

Oct 9th, 1999, 11:07 AM
Jim Downing

Our family spent several days at Honeyguide camp, right beside Kruger. It was great, and many other people report the same. Suggest renting a car in J'burg & driving over there, take the route by Pilgrim's Rest. Can be driven in 1 day but an overnight stop enroute is more fun. Fodor's has details.

Oct 10th, 1999, 12:27 PM
Penelope

I second the suggestion of Honeyguide. My husband and I have been there three times, each time driving a rental car from the Johannesburg airport. In response to another inquiry in this forum, I have remarked on Honeyguide's qualities, so I refer you to my earlier answer. Penny

Oct 10th, 1999, 12:30 PM
Penelope

I forgot to say in my earlier reply that you ought to make reservations in advance. The Internet should provide you with Honeyguide's web page and more information about the area of Kruger than you may want. P

Search this Thread