Help sourcing accomodation in Zanzibar?

Oct 12th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Help sourcing accomodation in Zanzibar?

Me again

I'm focusing my energy on finding our crew a place to round out our fabulous trip in Zanzibar. We were aiming at Kendwa or Matemwe because we want to spend 2 full days diving, but I am having no luck finding places with availability (I'm looking for three nights starting Jan 3 for 4 people).

Any suggestions from other Africaphiles?

Many thanks
Oct 13th, 2007, 04:50 AM

Hi,
Zanzibar hotels are very busy during that time, there is Bluebay Beach resort, they also do Diving to Fumba.. it is a very nice property I must say,If you want to try.

Most of the hotels are full during Christmass time to end of Jan, but this one, have just added some rooms so they might have rooms available during this time, problem is that jan is still peak season but you can try your luck.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Thanks
Oct 13th, 2007, 04:53 AM

I believe all properties have access to diving. However, January is peak-season, so not surprising at this late date, space might not be available. Have your tour operator check all properties (Northeast, Southeast coasts and Northern tip) in your price category and advise what's available where.

See www.go-safari.com select Tanzania, select Zanzibar; see the various properties located on the island.
Oct 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Hello Travelbug19,
Have a look at Bwana Mitch’s amazing website:
http://www.safari-portal.de/Lodging.TZ.Zanzibar.d.html
Oct 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much - I will check these out - I am so excited!

I forgot to mention that my friend would really like to stay in or near Kendwa if that is possible, so any recommendations in that area would be greatly appreciated!