help on tunisia needed

May 9th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

help on tunisia needed

I'm considering to spend a week in Tunisia (my first time there) after I arrive in London in late June as there seems to be a lot of bargain holiday deals online (such as from onlinetravel.com, lastminute.com) I'm interested in an offer to stay in Skanes but have difficulty finding sufficient travel on the internet, so I would like to see if any of you could help.

Which city is preferable for a holiday with leisure and cultural experience?

We are not keen on water sport but staying by a beach is always nice. But we also love to get local feel and take pictures on more ethnic buildings and environment like souks. As we could only pick one city in the holiday package, we want it to be convenient enough for daytrips to neighbouring cities as appropriate. What is the local transport like? Is it cheap to get by taxi or convenient enough to get a train?

Any other suggestions are most appreciated.
By the way, is it safe enough for Asian people to go there? Would it be too eye-catching and arousing?
May 12th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Does anybody have any information on Tunisia?
May 12th, 2004, 10:00 PM

Hello,

I traveled to Tunisia a couple years ago and loved it. I was there for a week and traveled around, I did not stay in Skanes but if i recall it is near Sousse, where I did stay. Skanes would be a good base to see such places as Sousse, El Jem, and Kairouan. The transporation was good, you can either take trains or shared taxis.

I have a trip report :

http://www.advweb.com/kelly/tunisia/index.shtml

Let me know if you have any others questions, enjoy your trip!

Search this Thread